Tuesday, 6 March 2018

Serena Williams : The return of the champion

Serena Williams gives idea of expectations as she makes WTA return

Williams was watched by her daughter Olympia at the Fed Cup last month (Getty)

It is certain that she is not there yet.  However, she is slowly returning to form as she
recovers from the birth of her baby.

Serena Williams has warned progress could be slow as she makes her return to the WTA
tour this week.  The American will compete at Indian Wells where she takes on Zarina
Diyas of Kazakhstan who is ranked 53 in the world, on Thursday. 

 It will be Serena's first appearance on the tour since the birth of her daughter Olympia.



Image result for serena williams returns to WTA tour

Williams states that she’s ‘ready’ to return but admitted she won’t immediately be at her
best but will improve given time.

She told the BBC:
‘It’s been hard. There’s been so many days, even still, that I’m like
“how am I going to keep going?”’ It’s been really really difficult but I keep
going. I may not be at my best yet but I’m getting there. Every day is a new day and every
day I should be getting better. As long as I’m moving forward, even if it’s at a turtles pace,
I’m okay with that.’

Serena Williams gives idea of expectations as she makes WTA return

No comments:

Post a Comment

A crumbling empire : The world's sole superpower, Derek Chauvin and the tragedy of a broken system

Insensitivity personified : Police Officer Derek Chauvin, 44, kneeling on Floyd's neck during his arrest George Floyd was filmed Mo...