Monday 29 May 2017


WILLS' REGRET

 

Prince William reveals 

‘it has taken 20 years to

 come to terms with his 

mum’s death’ as he tells 

of heartache Princess Diana 

didn’t get to meet his family



As part of the interview around mental health, Prince William was pictured with his young family
GQ / NORMAN JEAN ROY

 Prince William pictured with his young family
PRINCE William has revealed it has taken him 20 years 
to open about his mother’s death, speaking out about his 
sadness that his children will never know her.
In a candid interview with GQ, the second-in-line to the throne
 opened up about his “raw” emotions about his mother
 Princess Diana, who died in a car crash 20 years ago this August.
Speaking about the imminent anniversary of his mother’s death
Prince William said: “I am in a better place about it than I have
 been for a long time, where I can talk about her more openly, 
talk about her more honestly, and I can remember her better, 
and publicly talk about her better.
“It has taken me almost twenty years to get to that stage.
“I still find it difficult now because at the time it was so raw.”
Prince William opened up in a candid interview with GQ
GQ / NORMAN JEAN ROY

Prince William opened up in a candid
 interview with GQ
Opening up about his mother, he added: “I would like to have
 had her advice. I would love her to have met Catherine and to 
have seen the children grow up. It makes me sad that she won’t,
 that they will never know her.”
He added that the public’s attention around the Princess of Wales’
 death had made it harder, saying: “And also it is not like 
most people’s
 grief, because everyone else knows about it, everyone knows 
the story, 
everyone knows her.
“It is a different situation for most people who lose someone 
they love, 
it can be hidden away or they can choose if they want to share
 their story.”
Diana, The Princess Of Wales, and Prince William when he was young
GETTY IMAGES

Diana, The Princess Of Wales, and Prince William
 when he was young
Diana with a baby Prince Wills, with the grown-up royal now saying he wished his own children would have been able to meet her
GETTY IMAGES

Diana with a baby Prince Wills, with the grown-up royal
 now saying he wished his own children would have been
 able to meet her
The interview was accompanied by a rare photograph 
of the young royal family, including Prince William’s children
 George and Charlotte, relaxing on the grass together.
Adorable Charlotte can be seen smiling and George crawls
 towards his parents – with the family dog running in the background.
The Duke said: “I could not do my job without the stability 
of the family. Stability at home is so important to me.
 I want to bring up my children in a happy, stable, secure
 world and that is so important to both of us as parents.
“I want George to grow up in a real, living environment, I don’t 
want him growing up behind palace walls, he has to be out there. 
The media make it harder but I will fight for them to have a normal life.”

The interview comes as Prince William and wife Kate have
 thrown their weight behind the Heads Together campaign,
 encouraging people to speak about their mental health.
The 32-year-old said: “Smashing the taboo is our biggest aim. 
We cannot go anywhere much until that is done. People can’t access 
services till they feel less ashamed, so we must tackle the taboo, 
the stigma, for goodness sake this is the 21st century.
“I’ve been really shocked how many people live in fear and
 in silence because of their mental illness. I just don’t understand it.
“I know I come across as quite reserved and shy, I don’t
 always have my emotions brewing, but behind closed doors
 I think about the issues, I get very passionate about things.
“I rely on people around me for opinions, and I am a great believer 
in communication on these issues. I cannot understand how families,
 even behind closed doors, still find it so hard to talk about it.
“I am shocked we are so worried about saying anything about 
the true feelings we have. Because mental illness is inside our heads,
 invisible, it means others tread so carefully, and people don’t know 
what to say, whereas if you have a broken leg in plaster, 
everyone knows what to say.”
The Royals on the Heads Together campaign
PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION

The Royals on the Heads Together campaign
Princes Will and Harry, along with Duchess of Cambridge Kate 
It comes after Harry bravely told how he came close to a breakdown,
Kate, 35, also said how mental health sufferers have told her
 talking is “like medicine” as they share a chat in the gardens 
of Kensington gardens in the new campaign video.
(Culled from the Sun, UK)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A crumbling empire : The world's sole superpower, Derek Chauvin and the tragedy of a broken system

Insensitivity personified : Police Officer Derek Chauvin, 44, kneeling on Floyd's neck during his arrest George Floyd was filmed Mo...