Robert Mugabe has claimed that he and his family were no longer safe in Zimbabwe since he was deposed last November
Ex-president Robert Mugabe has stated that his wife Grace has been crying every day since he was forced from power. The reason given for her weeping sessions is said to be because their enemies are seeking to strip her of the PhD that she was awarded by the University of Zimbabwe.
Mugabe voiced this complaint to Moussa Faki Mahamat, the African Union commission chairman, who visited their mansion in Harare last week. This is according to the influential Zimbabwe Independent newspaper.
“They told you I was safe, but how can I be in this environment? My wife is crying daily. They are persecuting her. What am I without my wife and family? We are not safe.”
Mr Mugabe insisted that his wife’s PhD was hard won. “I used to see her here working hard day and night,” he said.
“I would assist her here and there, so how can someone wake up and claim she didn’t work for it? This is harassment.”
No comments:
Post a Comment