Wednesday 31 May 2017

CONTEMPORARY GODS : ENCOUNTERS WITH KING ALMIGHTY


COUNTRY MEETS HIS MAJESTY


Image result for the country as god



Country was now to be allowed in to see His Majesty.  He had been kept waiting for some time.
On setting His eyes on the famous god, the King was quick to express His disappointment at the way Country had conducted himself in relation to His representatives.
Hence His Majesty wanted to know why he, Country, decided to collude with these representatives in order to rebel against Him.

Country was now left with the seemingly impossible task of trying to convince the King that this was not really so and that His Majesty had been wrongly briefed.

'Great King,' the so-called god began, surprisingly brimming with joy, as he started his defence,
'I count myself specially privileged to stand before You this day.  It is the desire of everyone to want to behold Your glory.  I have heard so much about You, now I can say that I have set my eyes on You.  This could not have been an accident of history as it is not often that one is given the opportunity to stand before the Most Glorious.  It is therefore with the greatest sense of responsibility that I state that it would be a great act of foolishness for anyone, for whatever reason, to try to set himself or herself on a collision course with You.  This is because there was no one quite like You, no one can be compared to You.  The greatest news is that You will always be.  Without the shadow of a doubt, we all know that ultimately You will have Your way and that Your will must stand.  Therefore, I readily acknowledge Your greatness and almightiness.'
 
Image result for the country as god


Continued Country,
'I can understand Your concern and disappointment at what has become of Terrestrial.  It is heartbreaking to see what has become of all Your investments around here.  You expected results from the inhabitants of Terrestrial but You got rebuffs; You expected praises but You got insults and, You expected loyalty but You got betrayal.  Your Majesty, I will explain how I came to be involved in the whole saga.'
Now decidedly animated, Country went on,
'I am a collection of people who have chosen to come together in oneness, faith and hope for the fulfilment of collective dreams.  The emphasis is on the willingness to come together.  I am also for group pursuits, competitive endeavours in the comity of nations and for self-assigned responsibilities.  The need for me actually arose with time.  I came into being when it became necessary for families, tribes and groups of people to be organised into nation states so that each could be duly identified.  Within me individuals and groups can realise their legitimate ambitions and fulfil their potentials by the use of their abilities and endowments.  Within my borders, dreams can become realities if the dreamers dare to do the right things and, as a result, hopes can be rewarded.'

Image result for the country as god



Country was not done yet,
'I can confer prestige and honour on those who live within my borders.  This will be so as long as they, on their own part, do what is expected of them in terms of loyalty to collective aspirations and dreams, impeccable conduct, lawful ventures and sound competitive endeavours.  These things then become the foundations upon which I am built and they make it possible for me to grow even further.  On my own I can do nothing as I am what my inhabitants make of me.  Without my inhabitants I actually amount to nothing, an empty space.  Therefore, in totality, I am a reflection of my inhabitants.  This is because it is the people that make a country.  Therefore, I have no capability to give fulfilment to anyone on my own.  It would therefore easily not have made sense for anyone to contemplate worshipping me.  The image others have of me would depend on what people within me do.  Your Majesty, the last thought that could have come to my mind was to want to cause problems for Your appointed representatives.'

Image result for the country as god


Country continued,
'I could not have done this under any circumstance.  Definitely, I did not ask to be made god as I had no capability to impose myself on Your representatives.  I made no attempts at all to displace You from their affections.  I was satisfied to remain myself as I believed it is only then that I could contribute to the advancement of Your kingdom.  Embarrassingly, Your representatives had other ideas.'

This god had come to the end of a doughty defence.
Afterwards, Country was heartened to learn that his bold efforts to clear himself had paid off.  The King totally agreed with the point that it was His representatives that made him god.  Therefore, there seemed to be no reason why the fellow should be punished any further after all he had been put through by the King's representatives.


Image result for the country as god



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

A crumbling empire : The world's sole superpower, Derek Chauvin and the tragedy of a broken system

Insensitivity personified : Police Officer Derek Chauvin, 44, kneeling on Floyd's neck during his arrest George Floyd was filmed Mo...